Friday, March 8, 2013

unprofessionalism [ˌʌnprəˈfɛʃənəl] + cronyism [ˈkrəʊnɪˌɪzəm]



i do encounter unprofessionalism [ˌʌnprəˈfɛʃənəl] today.. actually few already since I’ve started working in this so-called big corpo in March 2012. eh? March 2013 and that makes me 1 y.o already living in briton indie world.. haha

anyway.. I always heard of a word cronyism [ˈkrəʊnɪˌɪzəm] especially in sector awam (ooops..) … but I guess I was wrong.. and I always read about it in newspaper.. especially when timing dekat2 nak elections.. (ooops.. again)…

today I have to face cronyism myself.. yes I did and I don’t like it… as I am working in a major Chinese corpo.. where all the directors and mgrs are all Chinese and except for the chairman.. it’s a malay rich person… most of our suppliers also Chinese.. I am dealing with few suppliers for office stationeries, pantry items, printing and etc… one of the major item that I ordered from our suppliers is printing documents. We all using forms and cards and most of pre-printed docs.. and I am the one who is in charge of this matter..

I love dealing with suppliers which gave me good price, good service (prompt reply for every correspondence) and as far as I concern we have no problem on the payment.. (company kaya meh).. then sometimes in April last year, I was introduced to one company which happen to have link with our mgmt person and also the owner of the company.

I don’t mind since I haven’t deal with our current suppliers that much since I am just one month old here… then I started ask for quotations and prices and referring to our current suppliers. And the relative company (call it H company) quote us such a high price compared to our current supplier (T company)

Example:
Price of delivery order form pad (100 pcs per pad). 4 ply NCR paper (with all those carbonized paper).
Company H-RM19
Company T-RM14

price different for 1 pad is RM5 only.. yes
but we do buy in bulk.. 100 pads minumun… so it makes RM500 more expensive than our current suppliers..

so I stick with Company T for similar documents and booklet..

and today a guy which happen to be a nephew to the owner of the corpo we asking me.. why didn’t I order from H company which is his.. st ep d ad (I don’t know I don’t dare eja betul2)..

I answer him.. this is because he is giving us high price.

He asked me.. how much different??

RM5 per pad.. I was about to explain my so called theory on 100 pads / RM500 different.. he just potong cakap and asked me to photocopy the company T’s price list to give to him…
To save my butt, I just say that I need to do some comparison since not all items are in this quotation. Few quotations and some are still in my e-mails.

And I don’t dare to say that the quality that company H gave us is crappy quality…… could you tell of a guy and say that his father did a lousy job??

And I also don’t dare to say that I know the company address is the address of a Condominium.. not even a company… how can you do a printing business in a damn condominium? And the office number always no one pick up the phone… and I could guarantee, if I am lucky.. the wife will be the one who answer the phone?

As I says.. it is what I call.. unprofessional + cronyism..

I felt a bit sad losing a very good supplier just because of cronyism issue.. I already make friend with company T (Chong a very nice and happy go lucky lady)…

But what to do…

Now I have to order a chair for one of the relative…….

Pffffttttttt…..
Sangat!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Liza the Lizard: Portrait of a .. weirdo. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino